Leading the way in children’s anxiety treatment in Topeka
It’s normal for kids to feel anxious sometimes about school, family, peer pressure, relationships and numerous other issues. Some children and teens, however, feel intense worry and fear all the time. These feelings can have a major negative impact on their lives. With time and anxiety treatment in Topwka, however, many people can manage and even overcome their condition.
Symptoms of anxiety
Anxiety in children shows itself in many ways, including:
- Refusal to go to school
- Avoidance of social situations or particular places or things
- Constant need for reassurance or being clingy
- Finding it hard to concentrate
- Not sleeping or waking in the night with bad dreams
- Not eating
- Quickly getting angry or irritable or being out of control during outbursts
- Constant worrying or having negative thoughts
- Aches and pains with no apparent cause
- Repeated behaviors like hair pulling or skin picking
Why choose FSGC
Family Service & Guidance Center’s Anxiety Treatment Program in Topeka is one of just two anxiety specialty clinics in the state of Kansas.
FSGC serves over 10,000 children each year from more than 30 Kansas counties with direct clinical services, education and outreach. Our highly trained, caring professionals are here to help.
Don’t let little problems become big ones.
We know how hard it is to be a parent. FSGC can help. Visit the “Get Started” page now and pre-register your child for services at Family Service & Guidance Center. The sooner they get started, the sooner they’ll begin to heal.