The children and families who depend on us sometimes need help beyond the mental health services we provide. Often, getting a hand up with some things most of us consider “basic” can play an important role in keeping a client family functioning and healthy.
The Family Service & Guidance Center Wish List consists of items our kids and families need most frequently as well as items used by our clinical staff during their sessions with their young clients, like fishing tackle and sports balls. By donating some of the items below, you’re helping meet basic needs as well as providing important opportunities for social interaction and community involvement.
- Warm hats and gloves
- Warm socks
- Packages of underwear (kid sizes to adult)
- Books for early readers and teens
- Graphic novels
- Art supplies (notebooks, drawing pencils, markers, gel pens, watercolors)
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Gas gift cards
- $5 gift cards to for fast-food restaurants to be used by clients who are learning social and behavioral skills
- Gift cards for shoes
- Fishing poles and tackle
- Tennis rackets and balls
- Air pumps
- Basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs
Please note that for the health and safety of our children, teens and families, they items should be new, unworn and unused.
These items may seem simple to most of us, but to a child and family that are struggling, they can mean the world. Please make an FSGC’s Wish List donation today!