You can help children and teens in our community who need it most.
You can bring hope and healing to thousands of northeast Kansas kids with a generous donation to Family Service & Guidance Center’s new Youth Crisis & Recovery Center.
The Youth Crisis & Recovery Center will be a 24-bed, 24,000-square foot facility designed for the treatment of children and teens experiencing a severe mental health crisis. The Center will dramatically enhance FSGC’s existing crisis services in innovative, proven ways and provide a higher level of services. The Center will also house the new Substance Use Treatment Program. FSGC’s approach of treating substance use disorders and mental health challenges at the same time will maximize a youth’s opportunities for positive, long-lasting results.
Your kindness will help young people like Rod. He turned his life around with the help of his loving, supportive family and dedicated Family Service & Guidance Center professionals. Scroll down to see and hear his inspiring story in the video below.
For detailed information, take a look at the “Building to Heal Campaign” case statement.
What do our clients think?
He’s a terrific young man who turned his life around with the help of his loving, supportive family (especially his dog, Charley) and dedicated Family Service & Guidance Center professionals. He recently graduated from high school and is excited about his next adventure!
Every child deserves a happy childhood
Thousands of children and teens in our community are struggling with mental health issues like anxiety, depression and ADHD. With the right care, they can heal and live happy, productive lives.
But it can’t happen without your help.
When you make a generous tax-deductible gift to Family Service & Guidance Center, it can make a positive impact in many ways.
- Your $25 gift can take a group of Youth Development Program children on a bowling or mini-golf outing. Here, they can practice important social skills like taking turns, expressing emotions appropriately and making friends.
- Your gracious gift of $50 could buy a variety of action figures to be used by young children, helping them express their emotions during play therapy.
- Your thoughtful $100 gift can purchase therapeutic books and games. These provide children in FSGC’s Crisis Resolution Program with a way to begin communicating their feelings and identify and express difficult emotions.
- Your kind $250 gift purchases passes and tickets to various community events and activities. This gift helps Youth Development Program participants practice and use newly learned social and behavioral skills in a “real world” setting.
- Your caring gift of $500 could support FSGC’s Anxiety Treatment Program, specifically by helping a child overcome her debilitating fear of storms or apprehension over reading in front of her class. This program is one of just two anxiety treatment clinics in the state of Kansas.
- Your generous gift of $1,000 or more can support the construction of the new Youth Crisis & Recovery Center. This will be a one-of-a-kind program for our region, which will provide a level of care to children and teens who are experiencing severe mental health crises and struggling with substance use, as well as mental health challenges.
Your contribution shows that you believe every child deserves the chance to reach their full potential and contribute positively to our community. It will change the lives of thousands of children and teens for the better.
The need has never been greater. Kids are depending on you. Please click the “Make Your Gift Now” button and make a donation today.