You can help children and teens in our community who need it most.
Brady is a happy, smart six-year-old. He loves school but can’t stay in his seat. He blurts out answers before he’s called on. He asks questions unrelated to his schoolwork. His behavior has become a major classroom distraction.
Mary Lou is 13 and loves playing softball. Lately, it’s all she can do to get out of bed in the morning. Just the thought of going to school and dealing with all the people and stress is overwhelming.
Justin is a well-liked high school sophomore and a solid student. His grades have been slipping for some time and he’s spending a lot more time by himself. Today, his mother got a call from the school counselor. Justin just told the counselor he wants to end his own life.
You can bring healing and hope to thousands of northeast Kansas kids and families with a generous tax-deductible donation to Family Service & Guidance Center.
Your kindness will make it possible for kids with anxiety, ADHD, depression, trauma, substance use and other common mental health challenges to get their young lives back on track.
Children and teens across our community need your help. Can they count on you? Make your tax-deductible gift by clicking the “Make a Gift Now” button. Your generosity will change lives for the better.
Gifts from caring individuals like you help young people like Rod.
Rod was headed down a difficult path. Scroll down to see and hear how he turned his life around in the video below.
What do our clients think?
He’s a terrific young man who turned his life around with the help of his loving, supportive family (especially his dog, Charley) and dedicated Family Service & Guidance Center professionals. He recently graduated from high school and is excited about his next adventure!
Every child deserves a happy childhood
Thousands of children and teens in our community are struggling with mental health issues like anxiety, depression and ADHD. With the right care, they can heal and live happy, productive lives.
But it can’t happen without your help.
When you make a generous tax-deductible gift to Family Service & Guidance Center, it can make a positive impact in many ways.
- Your $25 gift can take a group of Youth Development Program children on a bowling or mini-golf outing. Here, they can practice important social skills like taking turns, expressing emotions appropriately and making friends.
- Your gracious gift of $50 could buy a variety of action figures to be used by young children, helping them express their emotions during play therapy.
- Your thoughtful $100 gift can purchase therapeutic books and games. These provide children in FSGC’s Crisis Resolution Program with a way to begin communicating their feelings and identify and express difficult emotions.
- Your kind $250 gift purchases passes and tickets to various community events and activities. This gift helps Youth Development Program participants practice and use newly learned social and behavioral skills in a “real world” setting.
- Your caring gift of $500 could support FSGC’s Anxiety Treatment Program, specifically by helping a child overcome her debilitating fear of storms or apprehension over reading in front of her class. This program is one of just two anxiety treatment clinics in the state of Kansas.
- Your generous gift of $1,000 or more can support the construction of the new Youth Crisis & Recovery Center. This will be a one-of-a-kind program for our region, which will provide a level of care to children and teens who are experiencing severe mental health crises and struggling with substance use, as well as mental health challenges.
Your contribution shows that you believe every child deserves the chance to reach their full potential and contribute positively to our community. It will change the lives of thousands of children and teens for the better.
The need has never been greater. Kids are depending on you. Please click the “Make Your Gift Now” button and make a donation today.